OpenMVG is a 3D reconstruction software focusing on automated techniques. This is used in AR and related technologies such as ARKit and Microsoft Hololens, and match-moving in video editing for inserting virtual content. It is also known as photogrammetry, structure from motion (SfM), 3D Computer Vision, and uses multiple view geometry heavily. In this wiki you will find community notes on OpenMVG, to complement the official docs.
- Follow `BUILD.md` closely. For the curious, see https://github.com/openMVG/openMVG/pull/1579 where I describe some pitfalls.
Build Summary for Linux (24Oct19)
- Install the required dependencies (see BUILD.md). Please edit this wiki page if you had to install more things.
- Checkout OpenMVG, and make it lowecase
git clone --recursive https://github.com/openMVG/openMVG.git
- Create a binary folder. I prefer the following setup: to have an openMVG-bin folder parallel to openmvg, outside the source
mkdir openMVG-bin cd openMVG-bin
- Configure and build
cmake -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=RELEASE ../openMVG/src/ cmake --build . --target install
Build Summary for Mac (24Oct19)
Same as Linux currently works.
- Colmap: shares similarities with OpenMVG's code, but improved by some of the most famous SfM researchers (Marc Pollefey's student)